If you suffer damage from a Minor Peril (Burglary, Burst Pipe etc.)
- Immediately report incident to the Police (where applicable – such as for Burglary or malicious damage)
- Photograph area of damage or forced entry or exit especially if the area needs to be repaired immediately.
- Secure premises and items to prevent further loss or damage.
- Obtain an estimate of repair or replacement for the damaged or stolen items.
- Insurers will appoint an Investigator/Assessor to investigate.
- Request a Police Report to facilitate settlement.